Dandelion juice is made during the spring and it is made out of leaves and flowers of this plant. It’s very useful because it cleans the organism. You can even make spring salad out of it, and also jam and tea.
Health Properties of Dandelion Are Magnificent
Dandelion juice is rich in potassium, iron, vitamins B, C, D, and A. It is known that this plant is a strong anti-inflammatory agent just because it is widely applied in relieving pain caused by arthritic diseases. Works effectively against both the symptoms of gout and rheumatoid arthritis, and other chronic diseases of the joints.
The leaves are harvested while the plant is still very young before they form a flower – from April to May, and the root is removed in early spring or in early autumn.
Since it stimulates the production of bile and lowers cholesterol, dandelion root in traditional Indian medicine (Ayurveda) is used as for treating many serious liver diseases, including cirrhosis and hepatitis. Besides medicinal syrup increases appetite and stimulates digestion, and eases indigestion.
Do not forget the juice of the dandelion is an excellent choice for diabetes, and it is completely harmless, stimulates the production of insulin while maintaining low levels of blood sugar.
Protects skin from acne and eczema
This drink stimulates perspiration, expands the pores and protects our skin. It can be applied directly to areas affected by acne and prevent microbial infection. Due to the abundance of vitamin C in their composition promotes wound healing and scarring makes it less visible.
Dandelion Juice Recipe
You just need to find a lot of dandelion leaves and clean it with water. Blend it well, and if you don’t like the taste, add few organic apples. You can even add some apple juice.
Take one tablespoon before each meal and keep the jar tightly closed.
Juice from Dandelion Flower
- Take three or four handfuls of dandelion flowers and pour over it two liters of boiling water.
- Strain the water while it is hot and add a half teaspoon of sugar or honey.
- You can even add lemon juice.
- Cook until sugar disappears.
Scientists have shown that this plant has an incredible ability to flush toxins from the body, it also effectively reduces the level of uric acid. In addition to preventive effect for painful and stiff joints, improves their mobility.
Tea from Dandelion Root
A mix teaspoon of dried leaves, flowers and finely chopped dandelion root, put it into a suitable container, pour a cup of boiling water, cover and let it rest for a while.
After 20 minutes, strain the tea and sweeten it with a teaspoon of honey quality.
Daily drink two to three cups.
Use dandelion leaves and mix them with lettuce and other veggies. Add olive oil and apple cider vinegar, or even with lemon juice.
- Tear off 300 to 400 yellow dandelion flowers, cover them with cold water and leave to stand for 24 hours.
- Next day all good squeeze it and pours half a liter of warm boiled water, and cook 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then add a kilogram of sugar, two smaller as the focal chopped lemon (also together with the choir) and a few centimeters grated root ginger, and cook another five minutes.
- When jam turns golden brown, remove it from the top, allow to cool and strain through cheesecloth.
- The resulting mixture boils for a few minutes.
Eat this jam first thing in the morning before breakfast.