Hippie culture is known for its clever solutions for everyday life. This one before you is one hippie woman’s invention for various skin rashes, such as bug bites, burns, and cuts. It is called Hippie Healer’s Salve.
It is multi-purpose and that why we recommend it, but it is also all natural, chemical free and organic. It helps in many ways: relieves from pain, kill bacteria and germs, viruses and fungi. But, the most important thing about it is you can prepare it yourself and it won’t cost you as much as if you buy all products separately.
What do you need?
If you are a hippie yourself, you might have plants and herbs grown in your garden. If not, make sure you buy organic.
- 1 tablespoon calendula flowers:
This flowers help with bacteria, viruses and fungi problems
- 1 tablespoon plantain:
This is good for eczema and psoriasis problems, which are very stubborn. Additionally, it relieves from pain caused by insect bites.
- 1 tablespoon St. John’s Wort:
St. John’s Wort is used to cure mild depression, also for treating bruises, wounds, and sunburns.
- 1 tablespoon goldenseal root:
Goldenseal is a super multi-purpose herb. Its wide spectrum of healing powers makes it a MUST HAVE plant in your homemade balm. It is an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antibiotic and antiviral herb so it can be considered a number one natural remedy.
- 1 tablespoon olive leaf:
Like plantain, this herb is great with curing eczema. It is also rich with antiviral properties.
- 1 tablespoon comfrey root and leaves:
Comfrey improves the reproduction of cells but also works with surface of the skin. It is recommended to heal bruises, swellings, burns and sores.
- 1 tablespoon pine resin:
This is great with healing wounds since it possess anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 tablespoon raw, all-natural honey:
Honey is something that is unavoidable with natural remedies. It is excellent with scarring and also with reducing inflammation.
- 2-4 tablespoons of beeswax:
Use it to soften your skin in order to heal it, if needed.
- 1 ¼ cup organic olive oil:
This organic olive oil is used to infuse all your healing herbs together.
Method of preparation:
Prepare the oil infusion using the Super Quick Extract method:
- Place the herbs and the oil in a double boiler.
- Strain the oil and herb infusion through gauze. Then, squeeze the gauze until you have one cup of your remedy.
- Gradually melt the beeswax into the herbal oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add more oil and more beeswax if needed.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and allow the salve to cool down.
- Whisk the salve until it has cooled, then add raw honey and any additional essential oils you wish.
- Whisk the mixture until it is creamy and smooth, and your very own natural healing ointment is ready.