Known across the world to be one of the most prominent herbs for healing, Turmeric has different applications from culture to culture. Used prominently in the Middle-East, turmeric’s beneficial anti-inflammatory properties have been known to provide incredible health benefits, including preventing the progression of diseases such as cancer.
Also accelerating the metabolism, turmeric promotes weight loss and full body detox by cleansing the liver and kidneys. The list doesn’t stop there, though. In addition to its physical attributes, it’s also been applied to mental illnesses such as depression reaping positive results and helping to restore normal brain and emotional functionality. In this article we’re going to give you the best recipe for turmeric juice, so read on and discover just how easy it is to make this powerful drink.
Recipe for turmeric juice
- 5-7 inches turmeric
- 2 lemons
- 5-7 inches tamarind
- raw honey
- jars with lids
- Prepare the turmeric by completely peeling it
- Being careful to remove the inner roots, break and open the tamarind. Use only the inner fruit
- Add the peeled turmeric to a pot of boiling water and leave for 20 minutes until the water becomes a bright yellow color
- During the boiling process, pour 1 inch of the water into a pan and add the peeled tamarind, stirring it until it melts into a thick paste
- After 20 minutes, reduce the temperature of the turmeric pot by adding some cold water
- Pour the contents of the pot into the blender and blend until smooth
- Strain the tamarind over a bowl until all of the seeds have been removed
- Add the tamarind to the blender and turn on again
- Squeeze lemons into the blender, mix, then pour the juice into your jars
- Keep sealed, refrigerated, and drink within 4 days.
There you have it. We certainly loved mixing things up a bit with this recipe, but let us know what you think. Drop us a comment below to let us know if you liked it or whether you have any suggestions for improvement!