There are basically only a few body and health issues that peppermint oil can’t help.
Peppermint essential oil gives a cooling sensation and has a very calming effect on the entire body, which is an ideal cure for sore muscles. It can also freshen bad breath!
The most active ingredients in peppermint oil include menthol (up to 45%) and menthone (about 30%).
Peppermint oil is always a top recommendation for fighting nausea and relaxing the colon, because this essential oil has a unique ability of reducing muscle spasms. The health benefits of peppermint oil date back almost 3000 years from now and have been found in some Egyptian pyramids.
Here are some of the most common benefits:
- Reduces stomach aches
- Improves mental focus
- Freshens breath
- Relieves headaches
Top uses for this essential oil:
- Sinus Care – Inhaling diffused peppermint oil can often unclog your sinuses right after the inhalation itself.
- Reduce Craving for Food – Inhaling this essential oil can help you feel full for a longer time.
- Natural Energizer – A few whiffs of peppermint helps improve focus and concentration!
- Allergy Relief – Peppermint oil is recommended for relaxing the nasal passages, clearing out the pollen during allergy season.
- Bug Repellant – Ants, spiders, cockroaches, mosquito’s – all of them can be repelled with the use of this essential oil!
- Headache Cure – Peppermint oil improves circulation and heal the gut. Both of these bad conditions can cause headaches. That’s where peppermint oil kicks in as an excellent natural treatment. In a study, the oils were applied to the forehead and temples for pain relief.
- Freshen Breath – Known for over a thousand years, peppermint has been used to freshen the human’s breath.
- Cancer Treatment – Clinical research showed that peppermint contains menthol, which inhibits prostate cancer growth.