Sure you can buy all kinds on tanning products in the local store, but they all are full of chemicals that will harm your skin.
If you love being tan year-round but weren’t lucky enough to be born with a deep, bronzed skin tone, you have probably spent too much time and money trying to achieve that perfect tan.
The sun and tanning beds can cause irreversible damage to your skin and sunless tanning products can have a horrible smell and include toxic chemicals. If you want to save money and avoid commercial sunless tanning products, I suggest you learn how to make your own homemade sunless tanning products.
The best part about making your own sunless tanning lotion is that:
- You will avoid the weird orange color that sometimes comes from store-bought products.
- You can customize the exact color you want by changing the recipe up just a little.
- It is less expensive than its store-bought counterpart.
- The recipes contain no harsh chemicals.
Instead of that, try making your own tanning oil in a comfort of your home.
Natural Tanning Oil – Recipe
For this excellent recipe, you will need few things, but they all can be bought in a store or pharmacy near you. Here is the list of the ingredients:
• Half a cup of almond or olive oil
• A quarter cup of coconut oil
• A quarter cup of beeswax
• Two tablespoons zinc oxide (sold in pharmacies)
• Two tablespoons of Shea butter
• Vanilla extract or any essential oil of your choice
On low heat, dissolve the oil, butter, and wax. When cool, add zinc oxide (be careful not to inhale the dust). Mix well.
Use before going out in the sun, and you can use it about six months.
Natural Tanning Oil with Aloe Vera
You will need:
• Half cup Aloe Vera gel
• 20 drops of carrot
• Five tablespoons of oil from wheat germ
• Tablespoon of hemp oil
• Five drops of lavender oil
Mix all ingredients. Before use, shake, and the shelf life is also six months.
When buying vegetable oils, please take care that are unrefined and cold pressed. Otherwise, have a lower sun protection factor.