This recipe uses 1 packet of our Protein Muffin Mix and makes up 12 big muffins, if you only want 6 muffins, just half all the ingredients below.
What am I saying? Of course you want all 12 low carb chocolate muffins.
- 1 packet of Protein Muffin Mix (special combination of quality meals, proteins and seeds to create a simple-to-bake, high protein and super low carb muffin.).
- 6 eggs or 360g egg white.
- 300ml milk of choice (we used almond milk).
- 100g sour cream (we used light).
- 100g dark chocolate pieces.
- 100g cocoa powder.
- 200g zucchini, grated.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Spray a muffin tray with oil, or line with muffin wrappers– ready for 12 muffins.
- Empty the packet of Protein Muffin Mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the dark chocolate and cocoa. Use a spoon to mix the cocoa and chocolate pieces through the muffin mix.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk & sour cream with a whisk– then add the grated Zucchini.
- Add the egg mixture into the muffin mix and gently fold to combine.
- Portion the mixture evenly into the 12 muffin tins.
- Decorate with a few dark chocolate pieces.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and wait 5 minutes before removing the muffins and placing them on a cooling rack.
Once cooled completely, pop the muffins into a container with a tea towel over the top, and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheat muffins in the microwave and serve warm.