Containing high quantities of healthy bacteria, vitamins and minerals vital to a healthy body, cinnamon coconut kefir water is incredibly easy to make.
If you’re suffering from a weak immune system or poor digestion, this drink is one of the best home remedies you can use to help alleviate them.
Here are some health benefits of the ingredients:
Cinnamon – the active principles in the cinnamon spice are known to have anti-oxidant, anti-diabetic, anti-septic, local anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, rubefacient (warming and soothing), carminative and anti-flatulent properties.Cinnamon spice has the highest anti-oxidant strength of all the food sources in nature.
The total measured ORAC (Oxygen radical absorbance capacity) value for this novel spice is 2,67,536 trolex equivalents (TE), which is many hundred times more than in chokeberry, apples, etc.
Coconut – is a very versatile and indispensable food item for most people under the tropical belt. It is a complete food rich in calories, vitamins, and minerals. A medium-size nut carrying 400 g edible meat and some 30-150 ml of water may provide almost all the daily-required essential minerals, vitamins, and energy of an average-sized individual.
In this article we’ll provide you with all of the instructions you need to learn how to make this delicious beverage.
Preparing young coconuts
- Prepare a towel and lay a coconut on it, making sure the pointed end is facing towards your cutting hand
- Use the knife to cut into the coconut until the lighter-colored inner coconut is exposed
- Sit the coconut on the newly-produced flat bottom and create a hole in the top using your knife
- Pour out the coconut milk into a jar
If you don’t want to waste the coconut meat, feel free to scoop it out so you can freeze it for future cooking.
How to prepare cinnamon coconut kefir water
- 4 cups coconut milk (roughly 3-4 coconuts)
- 1 quart sterilized glass jar with lid
- 4 tablespoons re-hydrated water kefir grains
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pour coconut water into a glass jar
- Combine with the cinnamon stick and kefir and cover loosely
- Allow the mixture to infuse at room temperature for 24 hours. Coconut kefir water is ready for consumption when it turns white
- If after tasting you think it’s ready, strain the ingredients and leave the kefir in the fridge for 7 days
- If you feel your recipe needs more kefir/cinnamon, add them now
If you have access to young coconuts, this drink is incredibly simple to make and provides remarkable health benefits. If you can’t find young coconuts in your local shop, you can also use raw coconut milk, as long as it’s high quality and not concentrated.
We love to hear from our readers. Once you’ve made your cinnamon coconut water kefir, let us know your thoughts in the comment box below!