Nettle is beneficial in the fight against rheumatism and arthritis, and since nettle is rich in iron, it is also used in treating anemia. Moreover, even people who have asthma or skin problems use this syrup.
What’s more, it is believed that it prevents respiratory and urinary problems as well as hair loss. You do not need to always dilute it with water, since you can just pour it over your American pancakes.
This syrup is very healthy and it will taste delicious.
If you are picking nettle yourself, then it is for the best to find some in nature. Try not to get those beside roads, since chemicals and toxins can harm the healing properties of this plant.
You will need:
• 30-40 young nettle tops
• 3L cold water
• 5-6 lemons (you can use grapefruit or orange if you like)
• 1kg sugar
- Fin 30-40 young nettle tops (that means the top of the plant and 3-4 leaves above).
- Wash is well, and wash lemons too.
- Put nettle into the water and chopped lemons.
- Cover the container and leave it for 24 hours.
The next day you should squeeze all the ingredients, strain them and add sugar. You should stir syrup from time to time, until sugar is dissolved.
It needs about 24 hours to dissolve, and then you should pour syrup into the dry bottles. Keep in a cold, dark place.