Unleavened bread and gluten free, according to the recipe of the ancient Romans is now a hit on social networks. We have recently received several demands from you, dear readers, to write this recipe. This is not surprising given how its extremely healthy food, which is at the same time and very tasty.
If you belong to those who do not want to use yeast in the bread you are at the right place. Below is a detailed instruction on how to make bread without yeast and homework. Stay tuned …
Why Should You Eat Unleavened Bread?
Nothing can replace bread, especially in our region. It has always been, and probably will be in the future, the main ingredients. However, the story of gluten and identification of genetically modified crops has called into question its nutritional benefits. Therefore, as a result, we have countless types of bread on sale, which is particularly evident in large supermarkets.
So, today, we can choose between the classic “white loaf,” integral, stainless various seeds and others. Do you wonder how all of these healthy bread? Basically, all we are away from that which were made by our grandmothers.
A lot less often you will find in the sale of bread without yeast and flour. It has it, but it is less frequent and often has a ‘stronger’ prices. Again and such foods minds longer stand on the shelves, this is not the best choice.
The Recipe For Sourdough
If you want to avoid yeast for making bread, sourdough, use what are used by the ancient Romans. Especially recommended for people who are prone to fungal infections or patients with candidiasis. It is a mixture of warm water and flour in which they themselves have developed a culture of yeast.
Simply mix the flour and water in a ratio of 1: 1 or 2: 1. Leave it to stand covered at room temperature for several days. The bacteria in the test will cause a characteristic sour smell. When the smell is nice, add a tablespoon of flour and a tablespoon of water and stir. The same procedure for the next two days.
After a week you will have almost sourdough from which you can make a homemade wholemeal bread without yeast. If you wish, add a teaspoon of honey or sugar.
How To Make Bread Without Yeast At Home
For the preparation of bread, how are (as assumed) eaten by the ancient Romans, you need the following ingredients:
- 500 g spelled flour,
- 2.5 dl juice of white grapes,
- 200 g sourdough (seasoned at room temperature),
- 75 g of fresh goat cheese (seasoned at room temperature),
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds,
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Unleavened bread preparation:
- Mix sourdough with 1 dl grape juice, 100 g spelled flour and honey. Put cloth and let stand in a warm place for at least 3 hours.
- Thereafter, when the double volume, add the remaining ingredients still mix. Until you get a compact homogeneous mixture.
- Now, again, cover with a cloth and let stand in a warm throughout the night.
- In the morning, all you need to stir pour into a mold and let stand at room temperature again he added.
- Integral bread without yeast bakes in preheated oven at 200 degrees about 25 minutes.
- Then take it out and let it cool.