What is a Sebaceous Cyst?
Sebaceous Cyst is a skin condition that occurs and grows underneath skin. Another name for this condition is keratin cyst or epidermoid cyst. A protein, named keratin is a main cause for this condition because this protein blocks sebaceous gland. Sebaceous Cyst contains yellow liquid that smells acetous and it oily. This issue can appear on any body part except on palms and feet. They are considered non-cancerous and are not harmful. Their size can vary – it can be small or grow very big.
Usually they emerge as a result of swollen hair follicle.
What causes sebaceous cyst to develop?
- Blockage of oil or sebaceous glands
- Unbalanced hormone status – excessive testosterone production
- Swollen hair follicles
- Increased production of sebum on skin
- Skin trauma
- Exposure to sun
- A person prone to acne can suffer from sebaceous cyst
- Waxing and shaving
What are the symptoms?
- Redness of skin
- Soreness of skin
- Infected area becomes warm
- Foul smelling cheesy material develops in cysts
- Non-painful bump arises beneath the skin
- Cyst develops in ¼ to nearly 2 inches in diameter
Homeopathic Remedies for Sebaceous Cyst
Homeopathy can surely help with cyst conditions. There are no known side-effects to this alternative medicine, and here are some medicines that can help with sebaceous infection:
- Baryta carbonica
- Calcarea carbonica
- Agaricus muscarius
- Nitric acid
- Ammonium carbonicum
- Hepar sulphuris
- Kali bromium
- Kali carbonicum
- Spongia tosta
- Thuja occidentalis
Can sebaceous cysts be prevented?
Yes, they can. The good side is they are not harmful issue and are non-cancerous. Follow these steps and do not experience this condition:
- Use topical creams since they protect from infections and inflammations
- Consume antibiotic herbs because they stimulate lymphatic flow and boost the immune system
- To cleanse your blood system, consume natural herbs: red clover, barberry, dandelion, yellow dock, and garlic
- Eat groceries that are rich in vitamin C
- Drink plenty of water
- Do not scratch or squeeze the cyst, let it drain naturally
- Use antibacterial soaps to clean your skin
- Visit a doctor if you start feeling pain due to the cyst
- If a cyst occurs on breast(s), immediately visit a doctor and consume more fiber rich food
- Eat plenty of citrus fruits, whole grains, vegetables and fruit rich in antioxidants, and dark leafy vegetables to cleanse your organism from toxins and also to boost your immune system
NEXT PAGE: Do-It-Yourself Recipes for Sebaceous Cyst