Hibiscus in not just well known because of its beauty, you can use this flower to improve hair health. It will prevent hair fall, increase growth of hair and make your hair shiny, soft, and most importantly, strong.
This powerful flower is full of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, amino acids, alpha Hydroxyl acids and a lot of other healthy ingredients. It can prevent premature aging, heal wounds and do miracles to your hair. This herb is very popular in Asia, simply because they acknowledge its health properties.
Hair Benefits of Hibiscus
Because Hibiscus contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C and amino acids, this flower is great when it comes to improving hair health. Here are some benefits of hibiscus in hair care:
- If you want to keep the hair loss away, then Hibiscus is an herb for you.
- It will prevent early graying of hair if used as hair pack or hair oil.
- Use is as massaging oil for scalp. It can be used for all skin types and scalps, but keep in mind that Hibiscus can cause allergic reactions, so it is probably the best to do a patch test before.
- Hibiscus will make your hair roots stronger and shinier
- It will condition your hair and keep them bouncier.
Hibiscus in Hair Care and How to It
There are many methods in which you can use Hibiscus to improve hair health. You can use it as a shampoo, hibiscus hair conditioner, and hair mask or hibiscus hair oil.
You can prepare hair treatments in the comfort of your home, and it will require little effort. Since almost all the store-bought products have harmful chemicals, in this way you can be sure that you use only natural ingredients.
Hibiscus Hair Mask
You will need:
Hibiscus flowers and leaves
Coconut or Olive oil
Take some hibiscus leaves and flower and with a mortar make a paste of it. If you have a food processor, use it, it can do the job too. Depending on your hair length and thickness you will have to use ample amounts of this flower. You don’t need to add water to the mixture, because hibiscus flowers contain water naturally.
Transfer the paste in a mixing bowl and add several drops of oil, and also two or three tsp of curd into the mixture. You should get medium consistency, and the amount of the paste will vary depending on your hair length.
When the paste is done, apply it to the scalp and hair lengths evenly. You should focus on your scalp, applying this mask in massaging motions.
You should leave this mask for about one hour, but if you don’t have the time, 30 minutes will do the job. After that, rinse off with warmish water and in the end use cold water to rinse. Warm water will wash the grease and cold water will lock in the moisture, making your hair shine and soft again.
- Curd is only used as an extra conditioner, so if you want, you can skip this ingredient.
- If you don’t have hibiscus flower, use powder instead. It can be found easily in a local grocery store.