Healthy and balanced delicious chocolate seems like a desire happened, yet chocolate hasn’t already gained the condition of organic food rather yet. Still, chocolate’s track record gets on the increase, as a growing number of research studies suggest that it can be a heart-healthy option.
Chocolate and also its cornerstone, cacao, show up to reduce threat elements for heart disease. Flavanols in cocoa beans have antioxidant impacts that decrease cell harm linked in heart problem. Flavanols– which are much more common in dark delicious chocolate compared to in milk chocolate– likewise aid lower blood pressure as well as improve vascular feature.
On top of that, some research study has actually linked delicious chocolate usage to lowered dangers of diabetic issues, stroke and also heart attack. One warning: More research is should verify these results.
Most industrial chocolate has active ingredients that include fat, sugar and calories. On the other hand, cacao itself, unlike chocolate, is reduced in sugar as well as fat while providing prospective health and wellness advantages. If you appreciate delicious chocolate flavor, add ordinary cacao to your low-fat milk or morning oats.
Healthy Homemade Chocolate
- 1 cup of Cocoa Butter
- 1 cup of Organic Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Raw Honey (I use Tropical Traditions Brand) or to taste- using half this amount or less will make a bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of Real Vanilla Extract or other flavors to taste
- Optional: Toasted chopped almonds, orange or mint extract, etc)
- Melt cocoa butter in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small pan with an inch of water (make sure water isn’t touching bowl) over medium heat.
- When cocoa butter is completely melted, remove from heat and add cocoa powder, honey, vanilla and other flavor extracts. If using a solid raw honey like Tropical Traditions, melt with the cocoa butter.
- Make sure all ingredients are well incorporated and smooth. At this point, make sure that no water or liquid gets in to the chocolate as it can cause the texture to get mealy! Be careful even with wet hands or a drop of water in the mold! [Note: I’ve also just melted all of this on very low heat in a small pan and not had a problem with it, but this isn’t as reliable as the double boiler method]
- Pour the chocolate in to molds or onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a glass pan to harden.
- Let harden for several hours at room temperature until hardened and remove from molds. You can also stick in the fridge to harden more quickly. Will store for over a week at room temperature or can be kept refrigerated for longer.