If you have been looking for some easy indicators by which you can make out if you are maintaining a healthy body, then you have come to the right place.
Here is a very simple method which can be used by anyone without the need to have too much knowledge or training. All you need is to have a rope slightly longer than your height, and no more than 30 seconds. You may also use a tailors measuring tape instead of the rope.
- Stand straight and hold the rope next to your body. Mark your height on this rope. You can also use the tailor’s measuring tape to measure your height while you stand straight.
- Now fold this rope in half.
- At this point of time in case you are 6 feet tall the Rope would now be 3 feet in length when it is doubled up.
- Try to put this half folded rope around your waist at the point where the waist circumference is the maximum.
In case the two ends of this doubled up rope reach comfortably and you can tie them up, you are safe and within limits of ideal weight and height; however, in case the rope does not reach around your waist completely then instead of panicking, reconsider your lifestyle and take steps towards a better healthy profile
Steps for improving your health
- Follow up proper exercise regimen 30 minutes daily every morning and evening at least 5 times a week
- Cut down on Sugar
- Avoid unhealthy food such as white bread, fats, oils, fast food, etc.
- Follow a diet which consists of lots of green leafy vegetables and fruits.
- Stick to whole grains
- Have more water to keep your body hydrated at all times
It is very important to increase the number of activities so that your metabolic rate goes up and more calories get burnt which will help you in reaching the ideal height and weight ratio.