This is a specific diet which stops development of candida, both with infected and non-infected persons. Candida is a fungus that usually lives in our digestive tract. Together with many other microorganisms, it can be found in our bowels. These fungi can infect other parts of our system. Candida and nutrition are closely related, so being aware of our diet is very important. In order to fight candida, we must pay attention to what we eat if we want to conquer it.
What foods should be avoided?
- It is proven that sugar ’feeds’ candida so even the smallest amounts of sugar is forbidden, even sugar we add to our coffee or tea.
- Both white and brown sugar are to be avoided, also candy and other sweets.
- Avoid fruit rich in sugar. Only fruit you can eat are lemon and grapefruit.
- All nutrition that underwent fermentation process – sauerkraut i.e. or vinegar… everything except yoghurt
- Dairy products except butter and yoghurt
- Yeast and bread. Beer also contains yeast, so avoid beer also
- All types of mushroom
- Pork meat of any kind
- Nutrition rich in starch and simple carbs (potatoes, white flour, white rice, puff pastry)
- Canned food
- Whipped cream and ice cream
- Coffee, black tea, alcohol and sweet beverages
After this prolonged list, you may ask – what can I eat? Here is a list of allowed foods:
- it is allowed to eat raw and boiled veggies (carrot, beet, tomato, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, celery, onion, garlic, lettuce) In other words, everything except water melon and melon – because of their high sugar levels. Avoid pumpkin also.
- Peas, beans, broad bean
- Whole grains (corn, wheat, oats, barley, rye, rice, millet …), everything but sweet corn
- Nuts (hazelnut, almonds, walnuts)
- Various seeds (linseed, sunflower, pumpkin)
- Bread and pastry made from whole grain flour and no yeast
- Meat from feathery animals, fish and sea food, venison
- Chicken soup with veggies and various spices
- Soy milk, tofu cheese, yogurt
- Butter, margarine and vegetable oils
- Teas (cranberry, sage, chamomile) add some lemon drops in it
- Drink plenty of water
In order to cure yourself, this diet should be conducted for long period of time, especially when the infection is gone, you do not want it to come back again.