Apple cider vinegar has been used as a food additive and medicine over 10,000 years ago. This vinegar is considered to heal a lot of health issues, from warts to colds.
Despite the lack of scientific proofs that apple cider vinegar possesses health benefits, experts believe that it actually does possesses.
Hippocrates, the father of medicine, has used this vinegar to cure high blood pressure, arthritis, allergies, and many other health issues in 400 B.C. Roman soldiers, Japanese Samurai, and military groups had been using it as antibacterial, antiseptic, and energizer.
1. Heartburn: To treat heartburn symptoms, mix 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar with some water, and for a sweeter taste add a little honey.
2. Clear Skin: Apply some of this vinegar on your face using a washcloth to heal acne and acne scars, as well as to remove the excess oil on your face
3. Antifungal: You can apply the vinegar on the affected area, as well as soak the area in a 1:5 ratio mixture of apple cider vinegar and water, for about 30 minutes a day.
4. Sore Muscles: Prepare a mixture of 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar with some water and drink it for pain relief, or you can also rub some vinegar directly to your sore muscles.
5. Anti-Itching Means: Just apply some apple cider vinegar to your skin in case of itchiness, poison ivy, or jellyfish. You will be amazed by the results.
6. Insulin Sensitivity: According to numbers of studies, apple cider vinegar helps in the regulation of blood sugar levels and diabetes. It was shown that consuming this vinegar enhances the insulin sensitivity to meals with high amounts of carbohydrates, thus reducing the level rise of blood sugar.
7. Clear Sinuses: Add some apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and drink it. This will have antibacterial results on your throat so it might reduce and thin out the mucus.
8. Lymph Circulation: If you consume this vinegar on a regular basis, it will detoxify your body and increase your immune system. Add half a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a lemon water or some tea, and take this drink every morning.
9. Energy Booster: Put some of this vinegar in your morning smoothie, or juice.
10. Facial Toner: You can add a tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in a little water, and you will get a facial toner. Apply the mixture to your face using a cotton ball. Although its smell is a bit strong, it will quickly evaporate and will definitely enhance your complexion. For best results, do this procedure every day.
11. Sunburn: Add 1 or 2 cups of this vinegar to your bath and soak for about 10 minutes. It will cool and soothe your sunburnt skin, as well as will restore the pH of your skin.
12. Teeth Whitening: You can use apple cider vinegar to whiten your teeth by applying it directly on them, and washing them with water. However, you shouldn’t do this often as it might damage your tooth enamel. You can as well dilute the vinegar in water and use it as a mouthwash for a more gentle approach.
13. All Purpose Cleaner: As apple cider vinegar is double fermented, it is a great detoxifier. You can eliminate the unnecessary chemicals in your home by combining water and apple cider vinegar in 1:1 ratio, and adding few drops of some essential oil. Put this mixture in a spray bottle and you have made your own cleaner.
14. Odor Remover: Apple cider vinegar is capable of destroying bacteria in your home that cause unpleasant odors. Mix water and this vinegar in 1:1 ratio and put it in a spray bottle, which you will use in the rooms with bad odor.
15. Weed Killer: Make your own weed killer by mixing apple cider vinegar with water, dish soap, salt, and if you like lemon juice.
16. Dandruff: Combine equal amounts of the vinegar and water and after shampooing, spray it on your hair with the help of a spray bottle. After 15 minutes, rinse your hair. Repeat the procedure for a couple of days until you notice the dandruff has completely disappeared. To maintain your hair clean, do this once a week.
17. Sore Throat: This vinegar is beneficial in the treatment of colds and similar ailments because of its antibacterial effects. Add 1 tbsp. of the vinegar, 3 tbsp. of natural honey, and 1 tbsp. of cayenne pepper to a glass of warm water. The antibacterial effects from the vinegar and honey will shorten the recovery and the hot pepper will sooth the pain as it has capsaicin in its content.
18. Foot Odor: Pour apple cider vinegar in a bowl, and soak baby wipes in it. Put them in a plastic bag and store them in the fridge. The next morning they will be ready to use, but you can use them whenever you need to. You can use these wipes as an underarm deodorant too.
19. Burns: Apply some of this vinegar on the burned area as it will stimulate the healing, soothe the pain, and disinfect the area. Never apply apple cider vinegar to open wounds.
20. Bruises: Apply blend of warm apple cider vinegar and a tbsp. of salt to bruises.
21. Bad Breath: Add a tbsp. of this vinegar in a cup of water to prepare an anti-bad breath mixture, and gargle with it about 10 seconds.
22. Aftershave: You can use mixture of this vinegar with water in equal amounts, for an after shaving treatment.
23. Gas and Constipation: Add a tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in a tea and drink prior to a meal. This combination will activate HCI– hydrochloric acid (digestive juices) which will help in the digestion.
24. Flea Repellent (pets): Apple cider vinegar is a great flea repellent. You can either apply it directly to the skin of your dog, or spray it over its fur and in its bed using a spray bottle.
25. Skin Tags, Warts, Moles: Soak a cotton ball in some apple cider vinegar and apply it on your wart, mole, or skin tag and secure it by using a medical tape. Allow it to stay during the night, and after removing it wash the area. You should do this procedure every day until your problem disappears completely.
26. Condiment Enhancer: With this vinegar you can savor condiments. Add little apple cider vinegar to vinaigrettes, marinades, and sauces. For an excellent veggie dressing, mix the vinegar with lemon juice. Moreover, you can prepare a simple topping for salads and meat by mixing it with fresh herbs and olive oil.
27. Combine It with Fruit Juice: You can mix small quantity of fresh pressed vinegar(not varieties you can buy in stores) with grape juice or similar to it.
28. Soups: Small quantity of apple cider vinegar in your soup gives an extra punch.
29. Baked Goods: To raise your baked goods, add a bit of apple cider vinegar, which won’t be noticeable.
30. Urine Smell in Clothes: To remove the urine smell out of your clothes, just add half a cup of this vinegar to the washing machine.
31. Upset Stomach: This vinegar can be beneficial for your upset stomach due to its antibiotic properties and the sustained pectin. To make your own stomach soothing drink, mix 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp. of fresh ginger water, 8 oz. of sparkling water, and for a better taste you can include honey too. Once you begin to feel bloated, dilute a little amount of this mixture in a glass of water and drink it.
32. Prevent Your Pet Chew Your Things: Since most animals don’t like the smell of vinegar, you can apply some on the things that your pet is usually chewing, such as couches, cords, etc. You can as well use it to clean the areas in your home where your pet might pee, to prevent it from doing it again.
33. Detox Bath: Make a detox bath by adding 1 cup of apple cider vinegar to your bath, together with 1 cup of salt and 5 to 10 drops of your favorite essential oil. You can as well add ginger, sea salt, and baking soda for further relaxation and detoxification.
34. Cramping: For a cramp relief, rub some apple cider vinegar on the affected area.
35. Hair Detangler: Combine this vinegar and water in equal amounts and spray on your hair while you are brushing it using a spray bottle.
36. Liver Detoxification: Add 1 to 2 tbsp. of this vinegar in 8 ounces of water and consume this drink before breakfast. Moreover, eat fruits and organic vegetables on a regular basis.
37. Candida: This vinegar helps in the treatment of candida because of the enzymes it contains. Take half a tbsp. twice a day.
38. Dish Detergent: To cleanse grease, put some of this vinegar in your dishwater.
39. Relieves Gout: Take 2 to 3 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, two to three times a day to alleviate gout.
40. Add It to Bone Broth: Put few tablespoons of this vinegar in your bone broth, to add additional detox power.
41. Weight Loss: This vinegar reduces the retention of water in the body as well as the appetite, due to the presence of acetic acid. If you want to accelerate the process of weight loss, add half a tablespoon of this vinegar to a fresh lemon water, and drink it every morning prior to breakfast.
42. Shiny Hair: For an extra shiny hair, rinse your hair (after shampooing) with a mix of the vinegar and water in equal amounts.
43. Hand and Food Massage: To soothe stiff muscles, massage your hands and feet with this vinegar.
44. Alkalization: Regular consumption of this vinegar will maintain the alkaline pH level in your body, which will prevent development of various diseases.
45. Wash Fruits and Vegetables: Washing your fruits and vegetables with apple cider vinegar will remove any chemicals or pesticides sprayed on them prior to their harvesting.
46. Neutralizes Spices: If you have accidentally put too many shakes of spaces while cooking, add a tbsp. of apple cider vinegar to restore the taste.
47. Flytrap: To attract and destroy fruit flies, pour some of the vinegar in a bowl, and add a drop of dish soap, and place the bowl on the counter.
48. Exercise Fatigue: Our body produces lactic acid after training, which results in fatigue. The amino acids in this vinegar eliminate this type of exhaustion. Mix 1 tablespoon of the vinegar with 1 cup of water and drink it after training.
49. Yeast Infection: Add half a cup of apple cider vinegar in your bath, and soak for 20 minutes period.
50. Allergies: To protect yourself from various allergies, mix 1 tablespoon of this vinegar, 1 tablespoon of organic raw honey, and water, and consume it on a daily basis.