Dark circles underneath our eyes says a lot about our health, lifestyle and routine. Dark circles appear due to stress, lack of sleep, hormonal changes and many others. The skin under your eyes is extra sensitive, so before going to the extreme treatments, try these easy and quick home remedies to prevent dark circles from appearing.
1. Tomatoes – are excellent and effective solution for treating dark circles. It naturally helps in decreasing the dark circles as well as making the skin soft and supple. Prepare a mixture using one teaspoon of fresh tomato juice and a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply it gently under the eyes. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash off with water. Do this treatment at least twice daily. You can also drink tomato juice mixed with some lemon juice and mint leaves to get rid of dark circles.
2. Cold Tea Bags – Tea bags are considered as a simple yet helpful treatment for dark circles. Doing this simple tip regularly makes you see considerable result. In addition, it rejuvenates the eyes. Soak a tea bag preferably a chamomile or green tea bags in water. Place them in the fridge to chill. Put one cold tea bag on each eye and allow them to rest for a while. Afterwards, pat your eyes to dry.
3. The potato – is a natural bleaching agent that reduces darkness and swelling around the eye area. Slice and place the sliced potatoes over the affected eye areas. Another tip, grate a potato and extract juice from it. Get a cotton ball and soak it on the potato juice. Close your eyes and place the soaked cotton balls on your eyes. Make sure that they cover the entire area affected areas. Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash off with cold water.
4. Cold milk – Milk decreases appearance of dark circles and delivers soothing effects to your skin and eyes. Get a cotton ball and place it in a bowl of cold milk. Apply the cotton ball, making sure that it covers the entire eyes. Leave it for a while and wash with water.
5. Almond oil – This popular and one of the most effective home remedies can aid in removing dark circles. Apply almond oil around the eye area and leave it overnight. Wash it off gently the next day.
6. Crushed mint – Another option for treating under eye darkness. The cooling effect of mint provides soothing relief to tired eyes and helps reduce dark circles appearance. Place crushed mint leaves around the eyes and leave it for a few minutes. Wipe off the residue with damp cotton.
7. Orange juice – Orange juice diminishes dark circles and provides a natural glow to your eyes. Mix some orange juice with a few drops of glycerin and apply this mixture over the dark circles.
8. Drinking water – heals by promoting proper blood flow around the eyes and preventing blood accumulation. Drinking 8-10 glasses of water daily helps in removing toxins, keeping your skin healthy. Meanwhile the calming effects of meditation not only decreases the appearance of dark circles, it also balances the body clock.