Melon is an ideal fruit for long hot summer days. It can be served several times a day and it is safe for everyone, both children and adults. It contains only 34 calories per 100gm, a little sugar although it tastes sweet and is rich in water, 91gm.
- Melon is rich in potassium, vitamins A and C. If you need to lose some weight, melon might be perfect for you. You may have it as much as you want, and not to worry about calories. With being so rich in water, it is the best fruit for your diet.
- Melon juice also may protect you from the sun damaging your skin. Melon is also rich in antioxidants. It is recommended for people suffering from kidney diseases to eat dry melon pits.
- Melon is a low calorie fruit. Its richness in potassium, vitamin A and C, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and biotin makes it perfect for your health and diet. Potassium helps in lowering blood pressure.
- Vitamins A and C are powerful antioxidants, protecting your system from cardiovascular diseases and from maturing. Melon is also rich in thiamine, Niacin, vitamin B6, folate, Pantothenic acid. It also contains minerals: iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, manganese, phosphorus. Studies have proven that Beta Carotene fights lung cancer, cervix cancer and gizzard cancer.
- Homemade melon juice mixed with yoghurt, honey, and lemon juice can benefit your health. Blend them all together and drink the mixture couple times a day.