Turmeric, (also known as curcuma longa) is refereed to as the “Queen of Spices,” which has a pepper-like aroma, a very sharp taste and golden color. Many cultures around the globe use this amazing herb in preparing their dishes.
According to the Journal of the American Chemical Society, turmeric has a lot of antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
If you’re looking for a long list of turmeric’s healthy nutrients, we have it right here. Turmeric is rich in:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
And because of all this, turmeric is often used to treat many health problems.
1. Prevent cancer – the active components in turmeric make it one of the best fighters against tumors. It also can prevent tumor cells from appearing, such as T-cell leukemia, colon carcinomas and breast carcinomas.
2. Relieve arthritis – the anti-inflammatory properties in turmeric are good for treating rheumatoid arthritis. Those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis who consume turmeric regularly experience much relief from the moderate to mild joint pains as well as joint inflammation.
3. Control diabetes – since turmeric can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), we recommend you to consult a healthcare professional before you start taking turmeric capsules.
4. Boost your immunity – turmeric has a powerful substance which stimulates the body’s immune system. A strong immune system decreases your chance of suffering from coughs and colds.
5. Prevent Alzheimer’s – brain inflammation is known as one of the leading causes of cognitive disorders, in which Alzheimer’s disease is included. Turmeric helps in the removal of plaque build-up in the brain, but it also improves the oxygen flow, which can prevent/slow down the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.