Have you ever asked yourself what it takes to be a good and successful volleyball player? The answer is a lot of hard work and determination. If you don’t do your trainings right, your flaws will be the reason why you suck at volleyball. This will give you some insight on what you need to know about volleyball training, and a workout to help you get better.
To be successful, a volleyball player needs to have endurance. Everyone knows that with success come a small set of road blocks, or injuries. They aren’t something that we have planned, but we can help prevent some of them from happening.
The rice method helps the most: Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate.
First of all, do a 5-minute warm up to get your body ready for the workout. Before your training begins, do a slow jog or do stationary cycling with medium intensity.
#1 OFF-SEASON (3 TIMES A WEEK):
- Dumbbell Squat: 15 reps, 3 times
- Dumbbell Alternating Bench Press: 15 reps, 3 times
- Straight Arm Pulldowns: 15 reps, 3 times
- Dumbbell Front Raises: 15 reps, 3 times
- Reverse Flyes: 15 reps, 3 times
- Overhead Tricep Extensions: 15 reps, 3 times
- Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 15 reps, 3 times
- Jackknife Crunches: up to 20 reps, 3 times
- Oblique Crunches: 20 reps, 3 times
- External Rotation: 15 reps, 3 times
2# OFF-SEASON (2 TIMES A WEEK):
- Dumbbell Lunge: 12 reps in 4 sets
- Hip Bridges: 12 reps in 4 sets
- Dumbbell Chest Flye: 12 reps in 4 sets
- Dumbbell Pullovers: 12 reps in 4 sets
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 12 reps in 4 sets
- Preacher Curls: 12 reps in 4 sets
- Triceps Push-downs: 12 reps in 4 sets
- Crunches on Stability Ball: 20 reps in 3 sets
- Box Jumps: 10 reps, 3 sets
3# DURING THE SEASON: UP TO TWICE A WEEK
- Lunges: 12 reps, 2 times
- Lying Hamstring Curls: 12 reps, 2 times
- Dumbbell Chest Press: 12 reps, 2 times
- Dumbbell Pullovers: 12 reps, 2 times
- Dumbbell Front Raises: 12 reps, 2 times
- Reverse Flyes: 12 reps, 2 times
- Don’t forget to do your stretching.
It is important as your train to continue to work on improving your game. All of these workouts help your upper body get stronger, meaning that you’ll be able to hit the ball faster and harder.